MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Biker or Not?

Biker or Not?  - Forums [Biker Match] Biker or Not?  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Biker or Not?

I know this had been discussed a few times before but during a discussion with a friend we came to the conclusion that there are those who are *bikers*, those who are *motorcyclists* and those who are *fake bikers*. Just wondering if anyone else thinks there is such a thing as the fake biker and if so, what consitutes one?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 07/08/2009 23:09  

A FEW times? LOL more like thousands. I'm curious to know what are your definitions of *bikers* *motorcyclists* and *fake bikers*? To me biker and motorcyclist are exactly the same thing, just a different word is all. A biker / motorcyclist is one who rides a bike / motorcycle. A fake biker? One who hasn't got a bike but pretends to have?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/08/2009 23:14  

dont think im a biker, what is the definition?

Update Reply
julie j @ 07/08/2009 23:15  

doesnt biker suggest a certain lifestyle?

Update Reply
julie j @ 07/08/2009 23:15  

Yep. Two-wheeled transport. Everything else is an optional add-on.

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/08/2009 23:28  

Yes, from previous discussions it seems to be a lifestyle thing over a mode of transport. The fake biker seems to be the one that is subscribing to the lifestyle on a part time basis. We have people here that consider themselves bikers even though they've never had a bike or only recently got one and we have those who have been riding motorbikes for years and years who don't consider themselves bikers at all. I guess it's a very subjective thing...what is a biker which is why we were talking about it in the first place and why I thought I'd raise the subject of the fake or part-time biker and see what others thought.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 07/08/2009 23:30  

The fake biker seems to be the one that is subscribing to the lifestyle on a part time basis. What 'lifestyle'? I'm confused by this word in relation to folk who ride bikes. I live my life the same way with or without a bike to ride.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/08/2009 23:35  

for me its people who prioritise their biking above most other things in life. my bike is for playing with at the weekends, so i dont consider myself to be a biker, its just a hobby.ido cross stitch in the winter

Update Reply
julie j @ 07/08/2009 23:39  

No Julie that's just a bike mad rider lol I guess that by your definition I used to be a biker then, cos I rode all year round. I guess I'm a pedestrian cos I don't ride my own bike at all now.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/08/2009 23:43  

well if i said to anyone who was a biker that i was too then i would feel a fraud i know nothing about bikes have very little interest in them other than riding them. is it like all car drivers are motorists? I drive the car 6 days aweek so what am i? think im having an identity crisis!

Update Reply
julie j @ 07/08/2009 23:47  

is it like all car drivers are motorists? I drive the car 6 days aweek so what am i? think im having an identity crisis! It is to me. A motorist. LOL probably, like so many other bikers who drive or motorists who ride

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/08/2009 23:51  

To me a biker is anyone who rides/loves bikes and will choose a bike over any other form of transport.A part time biker is someone equally happy on bike or in car.A pretend is someone who brags about the lifestyle but dosen't ride. All a matter of personal interpretation of course

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2009 23:53  

I don't really know Kwak as I don't think of myself of a biker. I ride my bike and enjoy it in much the same way as I enjoy driving my car. I think on a previous discussion I pinched TC's label/term and pronounced myself a bit of a petrolhead - but not a hardcore one of them either!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 07/08/2009 23:55  

I think a true 'biker' has a beard for a start (women included) a leather waistcoat with at least one badge on and a T-shirt underneath with either the name of a rock band or a statement that could be described as 'crude' by the majority of the population! Even if there isn't a motorbike in sight you would still call them a biker just because of the way they look That would suggest a biker refers to a style rather than ownership of any type of vehicle but that's only my opinion of course!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 07/08/2009 23:58  

yes to cassie you are right there are fakes out there but its not very pc to admit it, i am def not a full time biker, i dont do the rally thing or go the whole hog but would def call my self a motorcyclist.

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/08/2009 00:00  

That fixes it then!! It's offical, Rusty says so, I'm a real biker (I shave my chin) Most pensioners have pink hair most bikers are short fat and bald and the men...welll...

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2009 00:03  

well stop shavin kwak, or youll get downgraded

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/08/2009 00:07  

Think you see my viewpoint kwak I'm far too tall and clean shaven to be a 'biker' but I own a motorcycle so I guess I must be a car driver with a serious part time interest in motorcycles or is that a part time motorcyclist who has a serious full time interest in cars or maybe a fake 'biker' with a serious interest in cars or maybe just a bloke with a car and a bike or maybe a bike and a car! The only thing i'm sure of is I haven't got a leather waistcoat Hope that clears things up for everyone

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 08/08/2009 00:10  

Downgraded from what, being a woman? Rusty, WTH?!! You're seriously confused man lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2009 00:11  

down graded to being a motorcyclist think biker is a frame of mind.maybe. or not?

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/08/2009 00:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email