MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Pillion contribution

Pillion contribution (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Pillion contribution (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Pillion contribution

APPLE PIE, CUSTARD .that will do

Update Reply
BigRay @ 09/01/2014 21:43  

I always insist on paying for petrol or buy drinks, dinner, its only fair as they've come out their way for me

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 10/01/2014 22:21  

I feel its not fair to expect a pillion to pay fuel, but a coffee and a CAKEEEEEEEE no that's is expected lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2014 20:56  

Never asked a pillion for money towards running costs or for a brew, I am quite happy to collect a pillion anywhere in the country, take her to the destination of her choice, buy a meal and generally treat her like a princess ... News Flash, that didnt work either .. still bloody single lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2014 17:47  

its fabooo being a pilly on the right bike with the right fella ooooh yus

but its also darn faboooooo riding ya own bike ... i cant take pillies as only got single seat and that suits me jus fine

same as everyone has said..... ask the rider if they want fuel money. I would never ask about tea/coffee or food as that is a pre-given that as pilly you get teh first lot in ... unless you have been asked out by a fella then they usually like to pay anyhoooooo, but i always offer.... be rude not to

hope ya friend has a fabooooo day

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2014 15:59  

I agree with Andy........get me kake and I will take you to the end of the world !

I love kake me !

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 02/02/2014 17:02  

I know you like your Kake Martin lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2014 20:51  

ZZRBabe (and others), the insurance companies aren't being 100pc straight with you when they say you're not covered for a pillion.
The Road Traffic Act says you HAVE to have passenger liability cover if you;'re equipped to carry passengers, and it doesn't make any distinction here between bike and cars.
So even if you think you haven't got pilly cover, you have whether you like it or not. The difference between this and full pilly cover is that if you carry a pilly and have an accident, the insurance cover will pay out what's due to the pillion, and then try to claim the money back from you.
Obviously if you've only got a single-seater like Suzi, this doesn't apply, and if you make a point of never carrying a pilly like ZZRBabe there's no problem. But I do wish the insurance underwriters and brokers would stop pretending they can opt out of parts of the Road Traffic Act, coz they can't.
OK, end of rant!

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/02/2014 21:05  

ooh you go Wills!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/02/2014 21:12  

Thanks wills i didnt know that everytime i renew they allways ask if i require pilly cover.

Update Reply
rileymtr @ 08/02/2014 00:15  

Knew Wills would know the score when it comes to insurance and pillions...I take extra cover out to ensure that Im covered just in case ...you never know..its for peace of mind....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2014 00:22  

Too right Wills its a big con on there part think its about time we all started asking them why when we renew our policy or do a few online with and without see if they are charging extra

Update Reply
JP @ 08/02/2014 10:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email