MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

biker match miles

biker match miles  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] biker match miles  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

biker match miles

If WHAT works?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/10/2007 20:00  

Ok, ive changed the scripts on the Quick search, full search and homepage form. Also added the "Show users seeking..." part also whilst I was at it. I've checked and it would appear to be working, all distances in searches are now correct. BUT - let me know what you think, and if any are wrong that you find

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/10/2007 20:12  

I can't say whether they are correct or not, unless I actually check the distances myself. I remember someone's profile said Portsmouth 160 something (can't remember exact mileage) miles but I used to live there and it's a lot further than that from here. Unless they moved it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/10/2007 20:24  

remember its a straight line though. If you took a map of the UK, and got a ruler from 1 point to another... thats how it works. Theres no way I can calculate all the distances via roads etc!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/10/2007 10:02  

Oi Matt, bet you watch University Challenge ...and get the answers right lol

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 02/10/2007 15:30  

didn't you know blueboy matt sets all the questions for that program !!!!! lol

Update Reply
storm @ 03/10/2007 10:30  

haha. It's not that hard! Actually maths was the only subject I got an A in at school And it really helps with programming. I couldn't write half of the scripts I do without all the maths I know. Still - has anyone found any issues with the distances mentioned in search results yet? Seems ok to me!

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/10/2007 15:08  

Sorry I mentioned it Matt. haha.... It was a mere observation not a critisism. Anyway I suppose it gave you something to do! Oh and I watched "who do you think you are" the Carol Vauderman one.... her Father was Dutch... so now we know why you moved to Holland.

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 16/10/2007 16:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email