MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

poorly ninja

poorly ninja - Forums [Biker Match] poorly ninja - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

poorly ninja

hope some1 can help my ninja ill tickover fine on stand when i level bike to rideing position tickover gose to shit lean it to the right engine stalls. had to fit new rocker cover due to an oil leak am i right to say plugs gone or am i looking at something more expensive hope not i hav'nt got bupa care hahaha thafor looking and always keep a smile your a long time dead xxxxxx

Update Reply
naughty 1 @ 09/09/2007 07:37  

Sounds more like a fuel delivery problem. Very likely something very simple but it doesnt sound like plugs at all to me.Take your plugs out first & give them a clean with a wire brush,check all the hose's,leads ect & make sure they're all connected,then give it another try.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 09/09/2007 09:41  

cheers mate only want to get it ticking over so i can trade it in

Update Reply
naughty 1 @ 10/09/2007 13:06  

how long was the bike standing? It could be that one or more carb jets have got clogged up and you may have to strip and clean out the jets. My mates ZZR was doing that until we cleaned Her jets out.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 14/03/2008 15:25  

Had same problem with the Triumph Trophy 900...did what Ghosty did and all the other fuel problems only to find that everytime the tank was put back, it kinked the fuel line...took weeks to get it right literally to a hair of a whisker!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 17/03/2008 07:38  

Alternatively, fit stablisers on the left hand side and ride everywhere leaning over - problem sorted!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/03/2008 08:57  

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 17/03/2008 08:58  

PML, Geoff you crack me up

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/03/2008 09:03  

sounds silly but check fuel and vac pipes for kinks if youve had the tank off to do camcover

Update Reply
seargent74 @ 30/07/2008 09:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email