MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A whole New Meaning to a DRY Rally

A whole New Meaning to a DRY Rally - Forums [Biker Match] A whole New Meaning to a DRY Rally - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A whole New Meaning to a DRY Rally

The Midwest Motorcycle Alcoholics Anonymous Convention (MMAAC) is an annual event that includes recovering alcoholics, their families and invited guests. Despite its name it's NOT a motorcycle club and participants don't have to have a motorbike. (Talk about confusing ) Primarily it's a camping event with a covered stage for the speaker area, a protected area for the listeners and tents for the social areas, including live music. 'The Only Requirement Is A Desire To Stop Drinking, Motorcycles Are Welcome But Not Required' Their FAQ section, on their website, had me a bit puzzled. Q4 makes me think 'How lazy can ya get'? Q9 Makes me ask 'Don't they have mobile phones in America?' lol Joking aside I think it's an excellent idea and it made me wonder is there anything like it in the UK? (Nope I don't need it, I rarely drink alcohol)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/12/2007 04:07  

I'd forget me head if it wasn't stitched on lol www.mmaac.org

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/12/2007 04:10  

Go to a rally and NOT drink?? I'm sorry but I can't get my litle brain to understand that one

Update Reply
Dangermouse @ 13/12/2007 07:22  

Hmmmm I agree with you there Rob! Strange.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/12/2007 07:53  

I reckon your closest equivalent in the UK would be certain of the Christian riders organisations rallies which are tee-total At the risk of offence, don't think I survive one of them without a drink... Apologies if I've over generalised or stereotyped

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 13/12/2007 15:52  

DM and BG it's not strange or difficult to understand folk not drinking alcohol at an alcoholics anonymous rally surely? Stu, are ALL Christians abstainers? I know members of the Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints church(Mormons) abstain but don't know if ALL Christians do.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/12/2007 03:38  

Sorry Kwak I was trying to make the comparison that there are tee-total rallies held in this country by "certain of the Christian riders organisations", but that I wasn't trying to stereotype Christian riders Apologies if what I posted can still be read in that way (which I guess it can) - this was not my intention On re-reading my own post I probably should have left the last line out (too polite for my own good !)

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 16/12/2007 06:41  

I also meant myself going to a rally and not drinking KWAK. Not others. Thats the trouble with text, it can be read wrong!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2007 06:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email