MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

CBT Extension-Sign this petition

CBT Extension-Sign this petition - Forums [Biker Match] CBT Extension-Sign this petition - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

CBT Extension-Sign this petition

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/motorcycle-cbt-extensions-get-raised-parliament

CBT ; The expiry of CBT during lockdown and the inability to renew because of lockdown is a terrible injustice. Even the most uninformed can see the consequences of this. A simple 6 months extension or relaxation of the ban on testing would be an easily implemented solution. So sign this petition to get the motion heard in Parliament. Thankyou.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2021 06:40  

Signed ! I was caught in this last year , it's really frustrating and unnecessary.

I was forced back on to public transport and had to wait five months to get back on the road . It was ridiculous.

I'm now in a similar position of non progression as the riding schools are not allowed to open .

I'm just one of thousands .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2021 09:54  

Already signed via Visordown website..we all need to get behind this motion..👍👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/02/2021 14:12  

I have signed it. Website said there were nearly 4,000 signatures so far.

Update Reply
GSNige @ 13/02/2021 18:57  

Its a nightmare as a Training school owner too, believe me! The DVSA logic is that an extension is impossible to administer as it is still a manual system ie we fill in a return, send it to the DVSA who then manually input onto DVLA which can only then be used by PNC / insurers. Plans are alledgedly underway to move to an automated system like MOT's but its possibly 2 to 3 years away yet.
So, as it stands, even key and essential workers can't do cbt's and I can't see us reopening until after the Easter holidays - 6th April at a guess. I hope they see sense about test candidates whose cbt certificates have expired during lockdown but since when have the DVSA given a hoot!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/02/2021 08:41  

signed it.

Update Reply
Kat105 @ 19/02/2021 00:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email