MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Speed triple 1050 2010/11 best suspension set up

Speed triple 1050 2010/11 best suspension set up - Forums [Biker Match] Speed triple 1050 2010/11 best suspension set up - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Speed triple 1050 2010/11 best suspension set up

Hi any one own a speed triple 2010/11proir to the R that can tell me best suspension set up , am 13 stone , saves me going to a suspension set up company,like to tinker with bike first I now about sag, just thought this would save time.

Update Reply
Johnboy1050 @ 06/06/2014 18:51  

Personaly id put the setting's back to stock factory set up.

Then do one adjustment at a time.

Normaly set up your front end preload then damping rebound and ompresion settings untill it steers nicley then do the rear. Once its all nice to ride and handles/steers as you like it go for finer tunning untill its spot on.

Don't forget to make sure you have newish tyres at the correct pressure before you start.

Problem is every rider rides differntly, with a differnt load. There isnt a perfect setting for every rider to share, if there was every manufactuter would set up all there bikes to that setting and that would be that.

Theres some good books out there, far cheeper than paying a man with a screwdriver to twist a few screws. Just remember heres always the factory defult settings if it dosnt feel right.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2014 18:16  

I'm with Stuie on this, go back to standard and start again from there.

As a serial suspension fiddler I learned a few years back that it's easy get everything out of sync. I was convinced my shock was on the way out but a wiser head told me to put it back to standard first.

I did and it was fine.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/06/2014 18:44  

Cheers lads for imput, old school stuff, will play with the set up etc when home next.

Update Reply
Johnboy1050 @ 26/06/2014 09:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email