MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Broken bike...

Broken bike... - Forums [Biker Match] Broken bike... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Broken bike...

Hit a pothole over the weekend...With a resounding SNAP, my rear suspension gave out. I didn't go down, but it wasn't a pleasant experience. I now an utterly fecked bike that will cost many hundreds of your English Pounds to make work again. I just wanted to say........BUGGER!!!!!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 26/08/2008 06:14  

bummer!!! jus to cheer yu up i drove of turning to the left forgetting i had me disc lock onthe front disc!!! dropping to the ground in the middle of Bristol!!!!!best investment i made buying them big crash bars!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/08/2008 06:19  

tt... you shud get a claim in ! I'm sure you can claim against the council.. its probably gotta be a certain kinda pothole tho.. lol Hope u get it sorted. Opps tm.... were u havin a 'blonde moment'? ( no offence to any fair-haired ppl btw!!,, usedta be one misen ) lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/08/2008 06:59  

tt... you shud get a claim in ! I'm sure you can claim against the council.. its probably gotta be a certain kinda pothole tho.. lol Hope u get it sorted. Opps tm.... were u havin a 'blonde moment'? ( no offence to any fair-haired ppl btw!!,, usedta be one misen ) lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/08/2008 07:00  

tt... you shud get a claim in !  I'm sure you can claim against the council..  its probably gotta be a certain kinda pothole tho.. lol Hope u get it sorted.     Opps tm.... were u havin a 'blonde moment'?  ( no offence to any fair-haired ppl btw!!,, usedta be one misen ) lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/08/2008 07:00  

oh noooooooooo is Ricdude abart??? i fink sumones avin a larf ..

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/08/2008 07:03  

'ricdude syndrome' can happen anytime anywhere!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/08/2008 07:17  

Having seen what happens if you forget the disclock, I always put mine right behind and up against the caliper. That way you have a few mm to travel before stopping and realising, rather than several feet followed by an aerial takeoff!!! I may be able to claim off the council. Depends if it has been reported yet and if 3 months has elapsed since the report.

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 26/08/2008 07:45  

I remember my ex setting off with the disklock on - broke the disklock!! -- happened twice!!! we didn't bother with em after that!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 26/08/2008 07:48  

Yeah, been there and done that with the disclock. After the second time, the brtain finally gets the message. TT I've started doing exactly the same. Otherwise you've just got the point where you're lifting your feet off the ground and then it's too late to stop the drop. Suspension collapse sounds a real bummer, though.

Update Reply
Wills @ 26/08/2008 08:39  

Bummer TTM! & TM! *loving the expression "Ricdude Syndrome" though* Cucumber sarnies for lunch again, Karey?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 26/08/2008 08:50  

What bike do you ride TT?.....I'm sure I have an old pair of shocks in me shed from a vt500.......may just fit and get you on the road again.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 26/08/2008 09:01  

happens to the best of us, but have to rember it can be fixed and you did not get hurt and that's what matters

Update Reply
vtrman1000 @ 26/08/2008 09:04  

pmsl @ WB.. of course ...are there any other?

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/08/2008 09:06  

I have an XVS650 Custom Dragstar. Takes an N-type Monoshock, I'm afraid, but thanks for the offer. Hagon want £255 for one. Yamaha'll be even more, I imagine. BUGGERYFECK!!!!! Borrowing t'Other Half's bike which, fortunately, is the same model as mine, but with MUCH LOUDER pipes.... Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 26/08/2008 09:35  

I personally don't understand how people feck up disclocks, though. Ya put 'em behind the caliper, so you can't move more than a few mm before realising, feeling a pillock and just whipping it off quickly. Then again, our mate "Dangerous" Brian managed to blow his caliper to bits because he forgot!!! Dangerous Brian was so named because he had silvered leathers (for that 80s tinfoil look) and wore a blue balaclava, just like his Brian Conley namesake!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 26/08/2008 09:38  

I once moved off with the chain round the front wheel. Yeah, yeah, I was a total pillock... I didn't come off the bike or drop it. That was the good news. The bad was that the chain managed to cut the rigid brake pipe, which meant a long wait for the RAC in the wee small hours feeling an even bigger pillock as time wore on No way was I riding home on back brake only.

Update Reply
Wills @ 26/08/2008 09:51  

its an alarm disclock an i put it in the most prominent place on the top of the disc so any movement forward it drops an sets of! haveto get one o dem plastic cord thingys which remind yu yuve got it on!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/08/2008 10:58  

Phew! Was really hoping someone else was gonna state the obvious, thanks Tangoman! Having fallen fowl of  forgetting disc lock is on, and attempting to pull away myself, i promptly went out and purchased a bright yellow reminder cord, and, surprise surprise, it hasn't happened again since! Another point maybe worth mentioning, is the added visual deterrant? it provides, to any scumbag thief. 

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 26/08/2008 14:17  

Phew! Was really hoping someone else was gonna state the obvious, thanks Tangoman! Having fallen fowl of forgetting disc lock is on, and attempting to pull away myself, i promptly went out and purchased a bright yellow reminder cord, and, surprise surprise, it hasn't happened again since! Another point maybe worth mentioning, is the added visual deterrant? it provides, to any scumbag thief.

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 26/08/2008 14:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email