MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bike Rally Badges

Bike Rally Badges - Forums [Biker Match] Bike Rally Badges - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bike Rally Badges

I have just been doing some de cluttering of my room and found two metal rally badges, they are oval in shape one is blue and the other green and on them it says East of Essex Rally across the top and East Essex MCC around the bottom, anyone know this bike club or what year these rally badges could have come from. I think someone gave them me a few years ago. Not sure what to do with them.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 09/03/2010 20:47  

E-bay?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2010 21:15  

yeah I found one on ebay with two bids on it but I was interested to see where they came from and what year there from, I should imagine the colours have something to do with the year of them.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 09/03/2010 22:12  

Found this on a BMF link page, might be worth an email:
East Essex Motorcycle ClubContact: Peter Robdrup E-mail: peterobdrup@fsmail.net Tel: 01255 431331 Website: www.eemccforum.co.uk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2010 23:49  

And if that one is defunct, try this:peter@eastessexmcc.freeserve.co.ukhttp://www.eastessexmcc.freeserve.co.uk/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2010 23:55  

I have two East of essex Rally badges one in Red and the other I think is a light blue I went to their rally in the very early 80's possibly 1982 and 1983 I remember them well as we had a sidecar and two toddlers in toe. They were great rallies they were at the then know as East of Essex showground between Braintree and Chelmsford I believe.

i remember they portioned off a bit of the field and had an old scrambler type bike with an attachment like a sidewinder sidecar that banked. we had loads of fun whizzing around and being silly on it was anyone else at that rally??

The badges, if I can remember them were very large with an England shaped logo.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 10/03/2010 07:34  

Thanks for all the replies, Lin thats all very interesting as I mentioned the badges to spanner last night and he said he went to most of their rallies and had some of their badges, at first he thought these might have been his and fallen off his rally hat lol but these were given to me by a mate. Spanner said he used to go with his sidecar to, its amazing how just a couple of found badges could bring such interesting conversation.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 10/03/2010 10:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email