MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Pillion Responsibility - How much is it down to you?

Pillion Responsibility - How much is it down to you? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Pillion Responsibility - How much is it down to you? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Pillion Responsibility - How much is it down to you?

I have personally got off a bike miles from home and refused to get back on due to not feeling safe with the rider, i would rather be inconvenienced trying to get home than seriously injured or worse

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/12/2009 15:58  

pass ian the bucket o puke have just boffed at his post lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/12/2009 16:02  

My ex wife used to fall asleep on long runs. Used to have to give her a nudge to check she was awake. Suppose few hrs on motorways can be pretty boring for pilly

Update Reply
micksaway @ 22/12/2009 22:43  

Interesting subject....a rider as it has already been said is 100% responsible for the bike and as such should judge the pillion as whether they are safe to take as a pillion.

My choice.....not to have one.

Get your own bike and enjoy the freedom that's what i got mine for.
Im sorry if that sounds a bit selfish but there you go......

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 23/12/2009 19:22  

I dont like taking a pillion either sdv, not for selfish reasons though. I think its a massive responsibility. I find that if i do have a pilly i dont enjoy the ride as much as i tend to focus on keeping the pilly feeling safe ect... dont know if i have explained it very well, i suppose i kind of get over cautious....does that make sense?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2009 19:41  

I relish the challenge,, a bike is so much harder to ride with a passenger and you need to concentrate...

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 23/12/2009 19:56  

I relish the challenge,, a bike is so much harder to ride with a passenger and you need to concentrate Oo smashing LN what time will you get here for me?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/12/2009 08:51  

WN...dont know what that comment was for......i could say so much but will keep quiet, i prefer riding with a pillion, i am just grateful i have found a good one ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2009 09:17  

Is now a good time to mention getting on the back of my mate's bike 23 years ago, both full of "Xmas spirit" *ahem* , me with no lid for the first stretch, which involved riding down an alleyway to avoid the police car at the end of the street, to get through to the multi-storey where our mate's van was parked, complete with spare lids in the back?

Then kind of not exactly stopping in time at the red light and kissing wheel to bumper with a very irate lady driver *ahem*

Who proceeded to accuse him of being illegal for not having a front number plate. When was the last time you looked at a bike, lady?! lol

Then spotted the L plates - ooops! My rider pointed to me and said "She's got a full licence, so I'm legal"... We wished her a very merry Xmas and wobbled off with her crying out "You're drunk!" No sh1t lady!

Somehow we made it home safely Thanks Universe

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 24/12/2009 09:59  

Sometimes it can be very handy having a passenger,... If I've got the radios working, I've an extra pair of eyes,...... (to look for the speed traps)!!! If I've got someone on the back of the STXsofa, I pay a lot more attention to the road,.... they are my responsibility. I do find it harder/more tiring, especially when filtering, but its usually nice to have someone to natter with while out for a whole day,... (I did say 'usually'!!).

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 24/12/2009 13:12  

Oi Div so i'm a challenege am i ???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/12/2009 15:11  

God damm pillions....they screw up the handling....are never ready when you are.....constantly waving and point at sh*t.....they want to go here or there where you don't....they never have the right equipment....constantly tell you to slow down.....and complain about there hair and where's the loo.... and when you get there they want you to pay for them..

For some reason when they pass thier test all of the above stops...

I understand this might come across as a bit sexist but its not, i just hate pillions male or female.
When my ex passed her test it was the best thing that she did for both of us, and it made days out so much more interesting and relaxed.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 24/12/2009 16:53  

just ignoring Kwak for a moment...

Yes, BJ. The challenge was to keep the front wheel on the tarmac. Great fun. And you learn so much.

I am not sure how many people I have got into bikes by taking them as pillion first,, and then if they learn they will do the same... But that's is just the sort of bloke I am..

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 24/12/2009 17:03  

What is that supposed to mean Div ?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/12/2009 17:11  

Well,,

now way out is there.

I'll get me coat

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 24/12/2009 17:20  

Thats ok i'll just bear it it mind for next time and give you a real challenege !!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/12/2009 17:21  

You gonna sit on the bars?????

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 24/12/2009 17:38  

just ignoring Kwak for a moment... Why? I am not sure how many people I have got into bikes by taking them as pillion first,, and then if they learn they will do the same... But that's is just the sort of bloke I am.. did you scare them that much?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/12/2009 18:10  

You will have to wait and see Div just mind take your iron bru that day !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/12/2009 18:26  

Not getting involved,,,, Have I ever scared anyone?

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 25/12/2009 17:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email