MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Watch Button

Watch Button (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Watch Button (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Watch Button

ok... fair do's.. thats why i put the suggestion out there This suggestion has now ended and has ended in the bin

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/02/2011 18:27  

Please don't feel as though your not a valueble member of the team. All suggestions will be given serious thought before being rejected.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 10/02/2011 18:36  

serious thought blues...... hmmmmm its ok i will just put WTP in everything that i'm watching but dont wish to comment on and will encourage others to do the same... hopefully if matt has 10,000 WTP posts then he might do it... ( and yes i'm kidding )

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/02/2011 19:32  

+1 for this suggestion tbh. Most forum software has this functionality now, I know vBulletin and PHPBB does. I'd like to see it on the todo list, speaking from looking at a black box, it can't be too much hassle as it's an extension of the existing functionality that BJ pointed out anyway.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 10/02/2011 20:03  

o.k say ten ...( eh?)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2011 20:06  

FG if you click on serch forums and put the name of the thread in the keywords box it will come up

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/02/2011 20:59  

Bill... I know... read my previous posts... but what if you cant remember the name of the thread or you get 20 pages of threads...

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/02/2011 21:10  

Hmm..on a similar vein...I've been thinking about that "jobs" thread that ian started a few weeks back. This could hold useful info for lots of us on occasions but its now getting buried way back in old threads so no-one new will know it exists!! I reckon it could be a really valuable source to have permanently available eg need an emergency locksmith!!...what do you peeps think and is there a way to achieve this??

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 10/02/2011 21:36  

Write the name down FG

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/02/2011 21:49  

Id just like to say Im keeping out of this one !!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 10/02/2011 21:54  

Difficult one Alice Keep bumping it??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2011 21:54  

Me to Whealy... i've given up !

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/02/2011 21:56  

Alice you can access it the way I just told FG but that won't help newbes, don't think there's a way round that

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/02/2011 21:57  

Yeh..that's what I thought, Bill ...but seems a shame not to have this info readily available..1) so we can access it
2) so we can add to it and keep it relevant and up- to-date
,fraid I don't have the techie know-how to make suggestions here!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 10/02/2011 22:04  

Just keep bumping it up every time you log on than Alice

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/02/2011 22:13  

Then you have a forum thread full of bumps. I think, in forum land, what Alice2 would want would be a sticky thread. One that is always promoted to the top of a forum. That said, I don't think that's necessarily the right solution in that case either.

As for "writing the name down", do we really need to come up with workarounds when there's a perfectly good technical solution as and when Matt gets time to develop it? Personally I think it's a good idea that should be put on the to do list.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 10/02/2011 22:17  

Trouble is if you do it fo one thread other people will want it doing for there threads

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/02/2011 22:37  

The answer to this one is very simple; use your browser "Favourites" or "Bookmarks" and then when you have logged in to BM simply select the "Favourite/Bookmark" for the thread that you want and it will take you straight there.

If when you have "got up to date" on any particular thread simply "Add to Favourites" or "Bookmark This Page" again and overwrite the one you used to get there; the next time you use it you will be taken back to the page you had got up to and can then "get up to date" again.

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 10/02/2011 22:58  

Thanks Say Ten

Maybe what I'm getting at is some kind of "information" forum ??

Off the top of my head, this thread of ians and also the old thread wher peeps put up job "alerts" would both fit into this category. Both of these need to be current and accessible to stay relevant. Get my drift ??

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 10/02/2011 23:10  

Thanks for that Scorpio sounds good

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/02/2011 23:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email