MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bmmcc

Bmmcc (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Bmmcc (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bmmcc

No its not gotta be complicated Shell . Only if you want it to be.

I'm really just asking for a membership number when alls said n done, not to change the structure of BM we all Have ID numbers ,I know this from chat as my browser wont let me see names when I hover over pics bit it does give blurb with an member ID Number at the end. As I said the Membership number is all I'm looking for .I cant see why that has to be complicated again maybe my initial wording or the freak of the title I headed it under that has got things stirred up.

Insurance is a rip of n if I can get just 1 pence back I will n if a simple Membership number will give me £20 , well...................
So i'm again just simply asking for a membership number the rest is down to me and my insurance company..............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 16:44  

To the best of my one years knowledge of being a paid up member, I don't remember this being discussed on the boards before, otherwise I wouldn't have raised it as I did with other staff members....sorry for that.
When I enter BM as my club at rallies, that's all I put. I do not add MCC and I do it because I want to promote the site to other club members.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 27/05/2011 17:19  

Given the issues we've had in the past regarding clubs and potential associations of the same, I think it's one to avoid personally.

It has to also be remembered that this site is a commercial venture and as such having a Chairman, Treasurer etc may involve (I'm guessing) other taxation rules.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 27/05/2011 18:02  

if you log in the chat room and scan over your own photo, you will see a script at the bottom of the creen, at the end of this script is your personal biker match I.D number !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 18:05  

£20.00 discount, well that sounds good, but would it work, and how?

Update Reply
shaggy101 @ 27/05/2011 18:05  

if you log in the chat room and scan over your own photo, you will see a script at the bottom of the creen, at the end of this script is your personal biker match I.D number !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 18:07  

Now we seem to have sorted out what everyone meant by their previous posts ....... its really quite simple ..... we need someone who's willing to deal with insurers & negotiate a discount for BM members ... most are happy to listen especially when they hear how many potential new customers they could gain ..... a typical discount is 10% at first but that can raise a little if they get enough custom (typically after the first year) ! ... no "club is needed & just a menton of the site & username once its agreed usually enough i recieve 10% discount on some bike parts this way & 12% on others theres also an insurance company that offers me 10% for being a member of another site ... unfortunately & typically they are still more expensive than my presant insurer !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 18:08  

i swapped my exs insurance and saved him 200 quid a month,, he was with bennetts and i did a deal with norwich union,(,now viva i beleive) talking to companys is easy, all you need is statistics and the ability to blag a discount,, if you tell them how many new customers they will be getting they might bite ya hand off..

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 27/05/2011 18:13  

Perhaps the best solution is to 'get in bed' with an existing club like MAG or BMF. Allow whichever club is chosen to advertise on the site, have their own page on the site and maybe even port their forums across. In return they could give members of this site a discounted membership.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 27/05/2011 19:18  

Or even better Contradiction, join MAG i get a 10% discount at my local dealers, for being a member, beer tokens at the Farmyard etc, so my membership fee pays for itself, and a £20 quid discount from a insurance company would put me in profit

Update Reply
marsey @ 27/05/2011 19:51  

whats MAG marsey ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 19:53  

I agree with joining MAG, but why not make it beneficial to both organisations. Biker Match puts members their way and MAG puts them our way. Abit of reciprocal advertising and discounting could do both organisations the world of good in terms of members and revenue.
You never know, someone from here might join MAG who's got a pair and actually make a difference.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 27/05/2011 20:04  

whats MAG ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 20:04  

Ian, it stands for Motorcycle Action Group, of which I am a member and back up what Marsey has said. (not that he needed it lol) About this post, I think it is a great idea......................it's just a big club but with members spread right across Britain. from me.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 27/05/2011 20:06  

thanks...Bobkat to the rescue

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 20:07  

i dont think bm is an mcc.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 20:46  

Oooooh, if all you need is a member number. EVERYONE ALREADY HAS A MEMBERSHIP NUMBER Websites like this (dynamic where you can do things, post, upload etc) are based on a foundation DATABASE. In the database you all have your USERNAMES but the main piece of data is your USER ID! Everyone has a USER ID. When you upload a photo, post in the forum, start an event etc... it's NOT your username that uploads it, it's your ID. The IDs automatically increment with each new user. Every new user is +1 from the last one. When you received your original welcome email it should have included your user id. If you need to find it now, you can hover over any photo of yourself on the site (like here in the forum). You will see at some point USER_ID = 12345. That's your UNIQUE id number!

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/05/2011 20:55  

Matt read my previous post, I have already advised how to find your I.D number, keep up boss !!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 21:10  

Matt, can I also get club points that I can use at Next cus that would be very handy ????

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 27/05/2011 21:20  

lmao trish good idea us girls do the shopping so a multi point card for multi shop be good ..... not to be greedy though lmao x

Update Reply
poshbird @ 27/05/2011 21:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email