MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

More subscription options?

More subscription options? - Forums [Biker Match] More subscription options? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

More subscription options?

If you could make a one-off payment using a debit/credit card, direct on BikerMatch's website and not via Paypal, rather than paying weekly via Paypal... would you? The costs in setting up such a system are very very high (Setting up secure connection, certificates, payment processing gateway etc), and so no discounts could be offered. However, it would be an alternative way to pay for those who don't want, or can't get, a Paypal account.

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/09/2007 09:07  

If you could make a one-off payment using a debit/credit card, direct on BikerMatch's website and not via Paypal, rather than paying weekly via Paypal... would you? No

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/09/2007 09:21  

Matt, Paypal problems aside, I am more than happy with the current process. It's easy and offers no loss of money to users if they find they cannot retain their membership. If there was an alternative to Paypal, then that could be explored whilst still keeping the weekly payment. I might push to a Monthly payment, but then the question arrises do you get members to pay in advance, at the end of the month or at a day/date to suit them? Kwak 'No'- that was short and sweet, care to elaborate lol.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 19/09/2007 09:50  

Kwak 'No'- that was short and sweet, care to elaborate lol. No

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/09/2007 09:53  

I am actually thinking about cancelling my 99p per week subscription. I don't use chat, don't often contribute to the forum and am not looking for a date following my disastrous incident with Mr Bunny Boiler, and whilst it is only 99p a week I am not sure what I am getting for that.

Update Reply
TAT2DVEGAN @ 19/09/2007 11:07  

i want to here more about mr bunny boiler ...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/09/2007 11:15  

So do I. I've lookled for Mr BB in the profiles, and he must be using a false name! Seriously, I can see where you're coming from if you're not a chatter and regular originator of PMs. How's the North Wales move coming on?

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/09/2007 11:57  

meanwhile back to Matt's original question If you could make a one-off payment using a debit/credit card, direct on BikerMatch's website and not via Paypal, rather than paying weekly via Paypal... would you?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/09/2007 13:26  

Kwak have you ever been a schoolteacher? Just when the class is getting interesting, then Miss comes in and calls 'em all to order All right then, seeing as there's no discount offered then as far as I'm concerned, if it ain't broke, don't mend it. Now, back to the bunny boiler. Must be particularly excruciating for a vegan...

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/09/2007 14:02  

If I could have paid via debit/credit card when i joined I would have as I didnt have pay pal - but after signing up with paypal am quite happy with it!

Update Reply
countess @ 19/09/2007 14:49  

lol @ wills. Good to hear folks are happy with Paypal. Makes it easy for me to manage everything too, and they maintain all the accounts. It's the only way the site can run at 99p per week. If I had to manually check all subscription payments at the bank etc, it would be a ball-ache and I'd certainly have to increase the amount per week (Or have a minimum of 6 months payment at least).

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/09/2007 15:57  

Paypal suits me fine - like Wills says if it ain't broke etc...

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 19/09/2007 18:30  

I think its better this way, at least it aint breaking the bank every week, had my own Mr.Bunny Boiler experience, hence the warning on my profile!!

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 19/09/2007 18:45  

Wills asked: Kwak have you ever been a schoolteacher? Just when the class is getting interesting, then Miss comes in and calls 'em all to order No! Now be quiet and get on with your home work

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/09/2007 18:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email