MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Lingering scammers - Your help needed

Lingering scammers - Your help needed - Forums [Biker Match] Lingering scammers - Your help needed - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Lingering scammers - Your help needed

There's been a few reports of scam artists on the site recently, and the number of reports keeps increasing (Especially now that those with free accounts can contact subscribed members). Unfortunately we staff only have so many eyes and so much time, and we don't manually check PMs, so we need to ask for your help. If you are contacted by anyone asking for your email address, or who asks for money after chatting a while, please report it to the MODERATORS via the CONTACT PAGE (not a PM to me!) immediately. Taking 2 mins to contact us may save other people from falling into the traps set by these scam artists. Please remember NEVER to email anyone when asked to do so, you can guarentee the email will be bounced and you'll be added to spam lists... this is why email addresses in PMs are banned. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2009 18:17  

I've just had a PM from a scammer! Ive sent a message via Contact You would think they'd get someone who can write correctly to PM me though. mother ers

Update Reply
GSXRJim @ 09/01/2009 13:30  

yea, some of them are so obvious :-) Makes our job easy though. Some aren't so easy though. There are some who will talk to you in perfect english for a while, get to know you etc, then get you to send them money abroad (If you were to be so stupid).

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/01/2009 15:13  

Hello I am Nepoleon Agindo and I am writing to you my friend with a problem. An aunt of mine died recently but I need a bank account outside Nigeria to put the moneys into. The sum is $20,000,000 USD MY FOOKIN ARSE!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 09/01/2009 15:21  

lol GH, i'll send you my bank number now. Do you need my pin number to put money in or will my account and sort code do? Do you want me to fax you my signature? lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/01/2009 17:28  

Whoa... whoa.... are you saying Nepoleon Agindo isn't real??? I lent him my step ladder!!! (My real ladder left me when I was a child...)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/01/2009 17:38  

Ive sent him my life savings (£4.79) to honestnepoleon@redirectedmail.con BasD what am I gona retire on now?

Update Reply
GSXRJim @ 09/01/2009 17:42  

lol @ GSXRJim.....can lend yer a fiver from me next giro if that'll tide you over geez!.............

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 09/01/2009 17:48  

Oh do you know I'm not the Nigerian...lol mwah Ha Ha Ha! send me your fiver now, I can buy a new cow with that!...you Nglish so gulible.

Update Reply
GSXRJim @ 09/01/2009 18:31  

Phew!...well you nearly had me fooled.........(yeah, i hear yer XT.TM.Ghostie etc....dont take alot , i know):o)............

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 09/01/2009 18:36  

So far I've never fallen for their ploys . But then I don't trust anything that promises me riches for just a little ahem help

Update Reply
Nightentity @ 10/01/2009 08:05  

Kebab!!!

Update Reply
Oggy @ 10/01/2009 19:19  

i have just had that on bm a woman stating that she needed money cos she was stranded on cypres,and lived in london ,funny that the IP address was texas USA.

Update Reply
bigbling @ 10/01/2009 23:29  

lol!....sure she'll get help from someone hey geez?!.*cough*......

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 10/01/2009 23:32  

I had a mysterious 'Nod' from Pizza Peter,who doesn't exhist.....is that a scam

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2009 19:51  

might just have his profile etc...hidden HG..........

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 11/01/2009 19:52  

Maybe he just got shy and signed off real quick,couldnt find him tho,Fate has dealt me another cruel blow

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2009 20:04  

Ah..he wasn't good enough for yer anyway HG!............

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 11/01/2009 20:15  

it's not that he signed off.... it's that his profile is hidden/disabled. You can disable your public profile under My Account/Profile.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2009 22:28  

PORK PIE!!!!

Update Reply
Oggy @ 12/01/2009 00:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email