MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Boxhill - Brighton (??) Sun 26th April

Boxhill - Brighton (??) Sun 26th April  - Forums [Biker Match] Boxhill - Brighton (??) Sun 26th April  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Boxhill - Brighton (??) Sun 26th April

There is a vague plan forming amongst me and a couple of mates to head to Boxhill tomorrow then head down to Brighton for Ice Creams on the seafront. Or something like that lol Timings to follow. Bit short notice to put to mat - soz. If anyone wants to come along post below or PM me, but I'll post timings and 'what to look for' ( it'll be better than my normal self description - shaven headed goatee bearded black leather clad biker lol ) pob

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 25/04/2009 18:40  

Er...........if I can get over my nerves, I might come, but never ever been to anything/anywhere to meet up with other bikers, and will be on my own.........so bit of a scary prospect!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 25/04/2009 19:10  

hey Dragon - go for it!! if the suvern meets are anything like the northern ones you'll have a great time. I've met loads of great people by going to the meets

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/04/2009 20:50  

Yeh i second that Dragon! Ive met a few of the suvverners when theyve ventured oop this way a bit... and theyre lovely .. You will be fine!...just dont be afraid to say hi, else u mite get overlooked. Go..enjoy yourself..and just think of all the new friends you're gonna meet

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/04/2009 21:17  

Take it from me Dragon and go for it....Its not long ago I had my first meet, brickin it with nerves!!!!(yes-the shy me) for no reason, a very warm welcome as soon as I got there and my life has changed socially....%110 do it andf forget about those nerves.........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2009 21:28  

KK folks - A real rag tag n bobtail (showing my age there lol) group tomorrow (if everyone turns up lol) Everyone from students on a cbr's, someone on a 400 to a new test passee on a classic triumph - a group from Reading a Group from Southampton - 1 current BM'er (2 lapsed) - Aiming to meet at Boxhill at 12, then a run to Brighton - Ice Creams on the sea front etc (I want a 99 goddammit :-) ) - Return route tbc depending on time but possibly a loop to Lewes/East Grinstead before heading home Reading and Southampton mob are intending to head back on the A272 Pace - whatever people want should be a blast yay for summer I'll be on a light metallic green H reg ZZR1100, black leathers, t shirt with ''Shut Up and Dive'' printed on it and my manly lid for the day has flowers on it (not a word Lou !) pob

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 25/04/2009 21:44  

ohhh you'd better get piccy's of this lid then!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/04/2009 21:50  

Its a HJC Flower power lid hehe You should be able to google it (sorry my pooters playing up tonight so cant post pic)

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 25/04/2009 21:51  

'Flowers' ?!?!?! Lou... a word........ * methinks... suvvern softies... hmmmmm... awwwww *

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/04/2009 21:54  

Just a pre emptive strike as waiting for Lou to turn up and take the michael *suffurn softies??? pah - mean tough n nasty me raaaah *

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 25/04/2009 22:02  

hahah... no fear..she is bound to be along shortly.. probs abart 4am..ish lol I understand i nearly met u at Quatford...?! Met Lou before, and a few others from dahn safh so can genuinely say theyre a friendly bunch.. Dragon.. go have sum fun! :o)))

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/04/2009 22:10  

Yeah Lou was my pillion for the day (sucker lol) We turned up a little later than intended lol and couldnt catch you all up. Next time I'll get there earlier and find out what pub you go to lol.

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 25/04/2009 22:17  

oh no... methinks we may havta keep one step ahead ...the suvverners are closing in...... hehe

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/04/2009 23:27  

Forget the pub we all went to ZZR,just find one that sells REAL beer for our return visit please,go on,pretty pretty please

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2009 00:38  

OOOooo just googled that lid - mega - want one!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 26/04/2009 07:59  

Yehhh and a nice cold pint with a decent head.... now theres a challenge for ya!

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/04/2009 08:00  

decent head's non existant these day's!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/04/2009 11:20  

Well I am very proud of myself........I actually went to Boxhill, was there for best part of an hour, didn't see sight or sound of ZZ though!

So having had a good ride up, and not wanting to go home, I decided to go down to the market at Ford, to get fruit...............and chocolate!................Then as my bravery was doing so well I even went into the biker meeting place at Bury Hill! Go me, both of them in one day!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 26/04/2009 15:00  

Cool hun, Glad you made it. We didnt get there till 12.20 in the end - had to park in the bottom car park. I have never seen so many bikers there - amazing. Looked for you but didnt see you - even looked for your bike but didnt see a cbr with panniers. We were sat on a double bench futhest from the cafe. I'll organise an official BM one for the near future - see who we can get out eh? Ended up heading to Brighton - best fish n chips I've had in a while overlooking the sea - quick pic of me geting my knee down on the merry go round - then a blast back on the 272 to alton then a32 north etc to home a shade under 200 miles and I officially no longer have chicken strips on either type on the big green meanie zzr A good day

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 26/04/2009 20:19  

.....decent head's non existant these day's!! There is in Barnsley, TM, the landlords would get lynched if there wasn't!

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/04/2009 23:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email