MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Driver jailed for Bikers death

Driver jailed for Bikers death - Forums [Biker Match] Driver jailed for Bikers death - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Driver jailed for Bikers death

A STUDENT has been jailed for three years and nine months for causing the death of a motorcycle enthusiast in a head-on collision.

Graham Brown, 22, a university student from Weston-Super-Mare tried to overtake two cars on a blind bend before hitting motorcyclist Roger Glyn Thomas, a court has heard.

Mr Thomas, 60, from Kidwelly, Wales, died at the scene of the crash, on the A482, on May 23rd last year.

Brown pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving and was sentenced to three years and nine months in prison at Swansea Crown Court.

Sentencing, Mr Justice Treacy said:

"But it seems clear to me that he [Brown] ignored one of the most obvious and basic rules of motoring.

"In all probability, he lost patience and must have decided to take a chance."

Brown was jailed for three years and nine months and disqualified from driving for five years. He was also ordered to take an extended driving test.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/07/2010 15:14  

I'm fed up with these piffling sentences, a man's life was taken by another's act of stupidity surely that should warrant a long incarceration; and not allowed to go on the roads again except as a pedestrian!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/07/2010 15:17  

I agree Kwak

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/07/2010 15:36  

Agreed, but at least he got a jail term, there's many who didn't even get that

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 22/07/2010 15:46  

that five year ban should be enforced after his centence really

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/07/2010 15:49  

Yes Twinnie i have always tought it daft to sentence someone to a driving ban whilst they are unable to access a vehicle !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/07/2010 16:33  

I agree with Kwak on this one ... no matter what his stupidity and or impatience killed someone, it could have been a bus coming the other way & then it could have been many deaths.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/07/2010 20:15  

Err, Kwak,... 'Not allowed to go on the roads again except as a pedestrian!' Hmm,..... for someone like him, after doing that to a bikerist, preferably lane 3 of the M6!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 22/07/2010 20:32  

Paj that's what I meant lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/07/2010 21:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email