MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

access to Bikermatch

access to Bikermatch - Forums [Biker Match] access to Bikermatch - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

access to Bikermatch

why do i have to keep confirming my email address to access Bikermatch, it's just more hassle i don't need, shouldn't this only happen if you had changed you address and could'n access Bikermatch

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/11/2010 13:37  

hmm ive only had to do it twice in 18 months, do u have to confirm email often?

Update Reply
dunans @ 06/11/2010 14:05  

Mine done this quite a few times a month or so back. Its been fine since tho'. That dont help you Bill does it???

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 06/11/2010 14:11  

I have noticed its logging me out more often now .. it used to be I could leave it a while & come back ... now everytime I leave it when I come back I have to sign in

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/11/2010 14:48  

this happens once every 90 days. If you log in and haven't verified your email in 90 days or more then you wont get access to the site until you do so. This is to stop people "blacklisting" us in their email provider, and to encourage people to add us to their "White list" or "safe senders list". Also, if if you don't confirm your email address within 120 days then you no longer receive any email at all from BM. This is to prevent us emailing expired email accounts - as doing so causes email providers (like hotmail, gmail etc) to ban us if we email dead addresses (they this we're spamming) The whole system is to ensure we're able to continue delivering emails to everyone. You'd be more miffed if you could no longer receive any email from BM, and new members couldn't receive their activation links to join the site.... it's happened numerous times in the past

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/11/2010 16:04  

Also, moving this topic to Website Issues as it has nothing to do with motorcycle events and rides out lol :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/11/2010 16:05  

You sure it's not a cookie problem Bill, if i log in from work i have to confirm everytime as our cookies are wiped overnight

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 06/11/2010 16:45  

No you don't... I can guarentee you that you DON'T. :-) I know, cos I coded the thing. Only every 90 days will you be asked to re-verify your email address. If cookies are disabled then you'll be asked to LOGIN again, just like if you go to another computer... this isn't the same as re-verifying your account though.

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/11/2010 22:31  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->I can only say that I'm logged in at home and at work ( where they clear the cookies out every time and I am always logged in, never asked to re log in, and thats with all other sites I frequent as well. and Im on a so called secure MOD system at work.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 06/11/2010 22:36  

definitely not a cookie problem, maybe its just the 90 day thing but it seems more often then that, maybe its just me

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/11/2010 01:22  

check your emails and look for all the ones with the same subject from BM. Then look at the dates you've had them. They should be more than 90 days apart.

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/11/2010 13:48  

my bad matt, i meant have to login, cant remember when i last had to veryify from an email tho... lol

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 07/11/2010 17:52  

at least you get to see the adverts :)

Update Reply
dunans @ 07/11/2010 18:04  

I've never had to verify an email address, does that mean I'm special?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2010 18:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email