MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Speedway-long live LONG EATON INVADERS

Speedway-long live LONG EATON INVADERS - Forums [Biker Match] Speedway-long live LONG EATON INVADERS - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Speedway-long live LONG EATON INVADERS

Hi Just wondered if there are any speedway fans on the site. I do like to watch other bike racing on tv, motogp, motocross, superbikes etc..........but been going to speedway since 1979 and been hooked on methanol fumes ever since! Been as far as Poland, Denmark and Sweden to get me fix of the shale sport Be nice to hear from you cheers

Update Reply
Scooterboy @ 15/04/2011 21:33  

i thought longeaton speedway was built on where do they race now scooter ? sounds too much like cooter from dukes of hazard that name think it might stick you know

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 15/04/2011 22:11  

yeah long eaton shut in 97, they started to build houses on it this year. they gonna have a long eaton junior team racing at leicester this year m8. i am a bit of an old coot'er! lol

Update Reply
Scooterboy @ 15/04/2011 22:20  

yeh ha !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 15/04/2011 22:22  

Hello Scooterboy,i'm also a speedway fan (Swindon Robins),up until last year i would go to all the home meetings and afew away meets.Due to a lack of money (live afew miles away from Blunsdon) i only go to 2-3 a season and am yet to pay a visit this year.Where do you go to around the uk then ?

Update Reply
nobbyno1 @ 10/06/2011 12:43  

used to go to Owlerton to watch Sheffield Tigers when I was knee high to a grasshopper

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 12:48  

Owlerton !!,i love all the old tracks (been a speedway fan since mid 70s) as they are the ones i grew up hearing and reading about.Maybe next year i will have a road trip and visit the older venues around the country before they vanish forever !! Saying that can't wait for the new Belle Vue track if it does eventually get built.

Update Reply
nobbyno1 @ 10/06/2011 13:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email